It was World Sleep Day on Friday 16th March, so it was timely for us to officially launch on this day. We started with a bang, featuring on national news show The AM Show, the NZ Herald and Newstalk ZB.
We are based in Tamahere in the Waikato – that’s where the Patney was designed and developed - so I went to Auckland to meet the hosts from The AM Show, Duncan Garner, Amanda Gillies and Mark Richardson. All three of the hosts have been using a Patney, so it was wonderful to hear their positive feedback. Mark who doesn't snore imparted that he now wakes with more energy since he’s been using it - this was music to my ears. The reason Patney exists is because we want to help people control their snoring and find energy for life. Because after all life is too short to have a bad night’s sleep!
Due to World Sleep Day, Duncan asked me for some natural remedies to help get a better night’s sleep. I don’t have a medical background and I snore due to my genetic makeup, but pre-Patney I had tried a lot of things to get a better night’s sleep, so I thought I’d share some of my top tips (I didn’t have time to talk about everything I’ve tried on the show because we were too busy talking about Patney!).
- Not being on your device before you go to bed because you don’t want to overstimulate your brain
- No caffeine before bedtime
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol and smoking – you have a higher risk of snoring if you’ve had too many wines
- Losing weight. Being overweight will increase your risk of snoring but snoring also occurs because of your genetic makeup, especially small jaws – this is the reason I snore, so the Patney Sleep Positioner is my solution
- Finding mechanisms to reduce your stress levels. For example, try meditating or yoga
- Sleep with a humidifier if you’re prone to nasal congestion
- If you’re fatigued it can increase your chances of snoring, so making sure you’re regularly getting enough sleep
- Adjusting your sleep position. For example, if you sleep on your back, try your side
Please feel free to pop me an email at email@example.com if you have any questions about our Patney Sleep Positioner – we would love to hear from you! Each Patney is customised to support your height and weight, contouring to your body to ensure luxurious comfort throughout the night. The Patney is specially designed to support an open airway and good sleep posture. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can see for yourself if the Patney works for you.